When I bought my house in April 2015, I knew I wanted a deep, moody room and I knew I wanted a chandelier. It’s now 2021, married and it’s time for a refresh!
We are upgrading to a king size bed that has an early March delivery window. We went with the Andes that includes storage. We feel as though this is an investment piece and something we are very excited about.
In changing from a queen to a king size bed, the room as it currently is requires a refresh…. mirrors hung on the wall that will have to be removed, curtains that will no longer match….. If you follow along on instagram (instagram stories specifically), you have seen that I started moving things around the house like musical furniture to see what makes sense. I would like to bring a few frames into the now frameless room as well.
As we looked at the room and this refresh, there were a few things that are still up in the air
- Lighting: We will wait for all of the other pieces to fall into place to see if the chandelier still fits. This is not an urgent piece to the design. We want to live with the chandelier first before we decide on that change
- Bench: We love the storage that our current bench allows at the foot of the bed, but we also love the clean lines that the new bed allows and the new bed also includes storage. We have an idea of bench possibilities, but will hold until we are settled with the bed until we see the room come together
A few things were also a guarantee as we start in our final decisions.
- The Andes bed from West Elm in Distressed Velvet is what is coming and we love the look and the style
- We have a shell we saved from our Honeymoon that we have sent off to Framebridge to be custom framed and will be hung above our bed
- We will be keeping the IKEA dresser and nightstands that we currently have (swapped out the hardware to make it look a little more custom)
With the bed coming early March, our first priority is paint and patching. We have a sample of the fabric for the bed so this allows us to more confidently move forward with color as well. So here we are with the rest of the things to decide on! I have created four different variations of our room and are currently looking to make decisions on. The color we are looking at for walls across all versions is Urbane Bronze from Sherwin Williams.
What do you think!? I would love to hear which version you like best in the comments! I keep leaning in different directions and am going to need to make a decision! Help!